“Believing there is a bridge from where you are to where you want to go is 99% of the battle. The other 1% is to cross it.”― Richie Norton
We are TEAM EXCEPTIONAL . . . dedicated to bridging gaps in learning and relationships between students, parents, teachers, and staff across specialized and general education programs. Our purpose is to continue the daily work towards closing gaps in communication, student performance, the digital divide, personal wellness, and growth for all. We believe that students thrive best when their most critical needs are met.
We look forward to working with you in the best interest of our children, pre-teens, and young adults who learn differently.
Attend the SSPL Parent Education Session on November 30, 6-7 PM.
Register to attend two breakout sessions:
- IEPs vs. 504s.
- Types of IEP meetings
- School Based Related Therapy Services
- How IEP Goals are Developed and Monitored
- Extended School Year (ESY) Eligibility
- Transition & High School Outcomes
DD2 Special Education Staff Appreciation Day
December 2nd, 2023 is the 18th Anniversary of Special Education Day and the 48th Anniversary of the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities, Education Act). Special Education Day marks the anniversary of the nation's first federal special education law--signed by President Gerald Ford on December 2nd, 1975. This nationally recognized day, which is listed in Chase's Calendar of events, began in 2005. Let’s mark it as we reflect and celebrate how far we've come since 1975 with access to education for all children, including children who learn differently.
On Friday, December 1st, 2023-DSD2, the Office of Special Education Services, and the Special Services Parent Liaison Group (SSPL) will honor students with different abilities and their families. We would also like to recognize their teachers, support staff, administrators, and school communities for the collective efforts that ensure access to meaningful teaching, learning, and best quality of life experiences. We would like to invite you to join us to celebrate in the inaugural DD2 Special Education Staff Appreciation Day—to both coincide with these National Anniversaries and to acknowledge our wonderful staff that help change the lives of our students!
- How is special education defined?
- What is specially designed instruction?
- What special education services and programs can be included in the continuum of services?
- What does Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) mean and how does it relate to the continuum of services?
- What are additional special services that may be recommended for students?